- 500g can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g of mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of gluten free Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place black beans, mushrooms, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and seasonings into large bowl.
- Mash all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Grease muffin tin with olive oil or butter.
- Roll mixture into appropriate size balls and place in muffin tin.
- Bake for approximately 12-15, being careful not to let them dry out.
- Remove from oven and serve along with your choice of marinara sauce.
- Garnish with parsley to make it pretty 😉
Makes approximately 15 mini “meatballs” or 8-10 larger “meatballs”.