- 300 g fresh fennel
- 225 g celery root
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- ground nutmeg
- 850 ml water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 150 g butter
- 1 lemon, juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- 60 ml fresh dill or fresh cilantro, chopped
- 275 g smoked salmon or cooked and peeled shrimp or fried halloumi cheese (optional)
- Rinse and trim all vegetables. Chop finely. The green part of the fennel should be included.
- Fry all vegetables in oil in a big pot over high heat for a few minutes. Add coriander seeds and nutmeg. Stir and fry for another minute. Add water and bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until everything is soft. Add butter and lemon juice and stir.
- Remove from the heat and use an immersion blender to mix to desired consistency. Season to taste with more salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Serve the soup as it is or topped with optional additions like smoked salmon, cooked and peeled shrimp or fried cubes of halloumi cheese.